Qualitative Researcher: Full-Time and Consulting Opportunities Available
About the Organization:
Research for Action (RFA) is an independent, non-profit educational research organization that seeks to use research as the basis for the improvement of educational opportunities and outcomes for traditionally underserved students. With over two decades of experience, our work is designed to strengthen public schools and postsecondary institutions; provide research-based recommendations to policymakers, practitioners and the public at the local, state and national levels; and enrich the civic and community dialogue about public education.
Research for Action (RFA) is seeking a full-time Qualitative Researcher at the Analyst and/or Associate level to contribute to policy and evaluation studies in educational settings through research, data analysis, and writing. The Qualitative Researcher will participate in a variety of team-based research projects across a range of content areas. The job title and salary will be determined based on the experience and qualifications of the candidates.
We are also seeking one or more consultants for part-time, project-based work. Specific assignments will be aligned to the successful candidates’ expertise.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in a relevant field such as education, sociology, psychology, or public policy.
- Qualitative research experience in educational settings.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work collaboratively with team members on projects and ease at building rapport with interviewees, clients, and colleagues of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with academic, policy, and practitioner audiences.
- Commitment to improving public education.
- Demonstrated research interests in one or more of RFA’s core research areas:
- K-16 district, state and federal policy
- Urban school reform
- Out-of-school programming
- Youth development
- Teacher quality and effectiveness
- College access and success
- Educational needs of vulnerable youth (e.g. youth in foster care and/or juvenile justice system)
To Apply: Please send your resume, cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
All of our Spring 2015 Internships have been filled. Summer Internship opportunities will be posted in March.